Search This Blog


Monday, March 31, 2014

Trade with Bob Walk the Plank

With Matt from Bob Walk the Plank recently becoming an active blogger (he started the blog in Jan. of this year), I now have somewhere to send all those pesky Pittsburgh Pirates cards I always seem to pull! I did just that recently, completing a trade that netted me the following cards:

2011 Limited Materials Hermon Killebrew 22/199
Not only does this card go into my Baseball HOF Relic Project, but it's a jersey card of a player I'd hear about constantly as a kid from my Twins-fan dad. In addition to that, he also had one of the best bald heads in the history of MLB.


2011 Limited Materials Curt Flood 140/249
Not a hall-of-famer, but gets a major amount of recognition for fighting baseball's reserve clause, which at the time held a player to a specific team for their entire career, unless that team decided to part ways. Flood fought the system, and his legal battle with MLB led to players being able to become free agents and sign with a new team when their contract had expired. 


2011 Limited Greats David Justice Auto 182/299
Justice, on this card, is featured as a member of the Oakland Athletics, but to me,he'll always be a Brave. I'm not a fan of either team, so it doesn't really matter, but I wanted this card, because of just how big of a deal Justice was back when I began collecting. 


2005 Topps Derrek Lee All-Star Stitches Jersey
This one goes into my Chicago Cubs Collection, and features an All-Star Game Warm-Up jersey of Derrek Lee from the 2005 All-Star game in Detroit.  2005 ended up being Lee's best season in his 15-year career, becoming the NL batting champ with a .335 BA, as well has getting 199 hits and 46 home runs.


2013 Gypsy Queen Fred McGriff Mini Jersey
McGriff was only in Chicago for a season and a half, so if I can pick up a card of his as a Cub, I'm jumping at the chance.


2012 Gypsy Queen Ryne Sandberg Base
Lastly, we have a card to add to my Ryne Sandberg Collection. He was my favorite player growing up and his presence in baseball products even after his retirement allows me to continue to build my collection.


Thanks for the trade, Matt! I'll be sure to set aside any more Pirates card I pull when I buy more baseball. I tend to find quite a few.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked everything. Looking forward to the next deal!

    ReplyDelete