Search This Blog


Saturday, March 8, 2014

Trade with 2x3 Heroes

A while back, Jeff from 2x3 Heroes posted on a box of Panini's American Pastime that, I think, he won in a contest on Panini's blog, The Knight's Lance. Jeff is self-admittedly not a high-end buyer, so he relished the opportunity to open up some cards that he never would otherwise. (His box break can be found here.)

Anyway, one of the cards he was able to pull from his box was a rare autograph of Chicago Cubs rookie pitcher Chris Rusin, numbered 10/15. The Inked insert set features autographs numbered as high as 125 and as low as 10, making this Rusin one of the more rare ones to be featured. Now Jeff is a Chicago guy, but luckily for me, is a White Sox fan, so I was able to pull this card away from him for an autograph of a Blackhawks player. It's times like these that I'm glad I'm not the only blogger out there who collects both hockey and baseball. I think there's like two or three others.


In addition to the card we agreed upon, I also received this note:


It was accompanied by this card of Sidney Crosby from 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Season Highlights.


Since I actually received this part of the deal before I even sent mine out, I returned the favor and gave to Jeff another one of "these damn Canadian gold medal winners."

No comments:

Post a Comment