Search This Blog


Monday, October 7, 2013

2012-13 Crown Royale Martin St. Louis Silhouette Signature Patch /5

Before a Gordie Howe auto and a Chay Genoway Prime Ties card knocked it down, my biggest pull of 2013 was a Silhouette Signatures Patch card of Martin St. Louis, numbered to 5. Unfortunately, the card's place was being held on my list with a plain white redemption card, as I would have to wait just a little bit longer for one of my top pulls of the year.

Well, after three months of waiting, the 2013 Art Ross Trophy winner sent his cards back to Panini, and this beauty made it's way into my hands.


The card I received is numbered 2/5, and features an action shot of St. Louis, surrounded my the material. The patch itself comes from the Lightning's home jersey, and appears to come from one of the numbers on the sleeve. The jersey itself, likely comes from before the 2012-13 season, when the lightning redesigned their logo and uniforms, going with just a white and blue color scheme. The newer ones look cool, but the older ones are better for cardboard,a s they also have black and silver to go along with the white and blue.


The interesting thing with the back of this card, is that while most other autographed or memorabilia card just leave a note about the authenticity of the item, Panini actually gave him a full write-up and a stats line, just like on any other card, while still giving a short COA-type message on the bottom. Of course, NOBODY who has one of these cards cares at all about what's on the back, but it's nice that Panini gives these cards that kind of treatment, and one thing I've always made clear, is how much I love even the smallest attention to detail.

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of the card, wish they'd make some baseball this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of Panini products... but this card is flippin' AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete