Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

If You Can't Pull 'Em, Trade For 'Em - 2011 Topps Diamond Die-Cut #2

Just one day after trading for a Starlin Castro Diamond Die-Cut, I traded for my second, Cubs reliever Carlos Marmol. Despite NUMEROUS redemptions, I have yet to redeem for one of these, so I have been forced to trade for any of these cards I would want. For this one card, all I had to do is give up 24 cards from the years 200-2009. None of them were cards I would ever pay shipping for, so I had no problem pulling the trigger on this one. A few of the better cards I gave up were:

2001 Carlos Delgado
2002 Barry Larkin
2002 Shawn Green
2007 Hank Blalock
2007 Barry Zito
2008 Matt Garza
2009 Manny Ramirez
...and 17 commons

In return, here's the new card I will soon be a proud owner of:


I think I'm going to actually go for the team set of these. I still need Aramis Ramirez, Ernie Banks, Marlon Byrd, and Tyler Colvin. I have made offers for each of them, but I may have to pull a few die-cuts myself to help close the deals.

So far, though, off to a good start.

3 comments:

  1. Damn, nice trade Matt! Sweet pickup, good luck with the team set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I didn't think there was any way I'd get rid of those cards, and from the offers I'm getting for my Starlin Castro, I was LUCKY to get it for nothing more than a single 1954 common.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards def make the diamond giveaway site more fun. I got lucky and unlocked another one today. A Brian Matusz

    ReplyDelete