Search This Blog


Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Group Break Goodies from Indians Baseball Cards

A couple of weeks ago, I participated in a group break hosted by Dave at Indians Baseball Cards and today I received the goodies. He busted a box of 1990 Heads Up, 1988 Sportflics, a blaster of 2009 Allen & Ginter and two blasters of 2011 Bowman. I took the Cubs, of course, and picked up the Marlins to see if I could add some Bowman cards to my player collections. Here's how I made out.

I did very well with the Cubs. A few Allen & Ginter base cards, plus a Rich Harden insert (not pictured). Bowman got me a couple of gold parallels (Dempster and Fukudome) as well as a few base cards I needed. Sportflics didn't give me much of anything, exept for a Shawon Dunston and a few commons.


Florida gave me exactly what I wanted. From Bowman, I already had a Mike Stanton for my PC, so I just needed a Hanley Ramirez and a Josh Johnson, plus a chrome rookie.


The Heads Up set is interesting. I'd estimate each head measures about 4" by 6" and has a suction cup to attach it to a window, a locker, or whatever. I got a Ryno, which was great, plus a Jerome Walton and Dwight Smith. They were big deals at the time, I promise.


Dave also threw in a few BIG surprises. I didn't scan it, but he sent along a ToppsTown card of Starlin Castro, along with a temporary tatto sheet of Cub Keith Moreland and Mariner Alvin Davis. A really cool collectible. The big bonus, though, was a 1969 Topps card of Cubs outfielder Jim Hickman. You can complain about Topps' photoshopping all you want, but it's still better than this airbrushing of a Dodgers uniform.


Thanks for a great break!

1 comment:

  1. All I could think of when I saw that Ryne Sandberg was "Incoming message from the big giant head!" Those things are scary. I have a few sitting around somewhere.

    ReplyDelete