Search This Blog


Sunday, June 26, 2011

2009-2010 Upper Deck Hockey Blaster

With hockey season over, Wal-Mart has now decided to finally stock some discounted blaster boxes. I was at the retail giant the other day and picked one up, hoping to hit it big. The main card for this set is the Young Guns rookie card of Islanders center John Tavares. I actually pulled the card from a blaster a year ago, so I was hoping my luck would hold up. I didn't get Tavares, but I did pull rookies of Matt Duchene and Michael Del Zotto, which is a pretty decent pair. For those not into hockey, that would be like not pulling a Bryce Harper, but still getting a Freddie Freeman and Kyle Drabek. Still, I was very happy with these two.


There were also a few inserts, including a favorite of mine, Draft Day Gems, which focuses on players who were late draft picks that eventually had some pretty stellar careers. It's weird to think that pretty much every team had the chance at Mark Messier before he was taken by Edmonton.


Ever since they began doing these discounted blasters, I've been picking up what I can. You never know what you'll find at a really good price.

No comments:

Post a Comment