Search This Blog


Sunday, September 1, 2013

2013 Topps Josh Vitters Auto

I'm not much of a prospector, especially when it comes to baseball cards, but as cheap as I was able to get it for, I decided to take the chance on a Josh Vitters autograph from 2013 Topps.


Vitters was teh third overall selection in the 2007 Major League Baseball Draft and made his major league debut in 2012. He played in 33 games during the 2012 season, hitting .121, with 12 hits, 5 RBIs, and 2 home runs in 99 at bats. So far, he has not been called up during the 2013 season.

While this card was not inserted into packs, it may look familiar to many collectors, especially those with redemptions from Topps. This year, the exclusive license holder for Major League Baseball began producing cards exclusively to be sent out as replacements for unfulfilled redemptions. While collectors would still be getting something for their redemption, they would not be getting the card they may have originally wanted, plus it may seem to many as a "fake" card, seeing as though it never entered circulation through traditional means. While some people might be ok with just getting something, as somebody who has a pretty major card I am waiting to get redeemed, the idea that it could be replaced by, essentially, a "sticker dump," conserns me a great deal.

Still, if I can get the card on Ebay, I have no problem doing that. I just want to have control over what I get, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment