Search This Blog


Saturday, September 14, 2013

2013-14 Score Hockey Jumbo Pack Break

It seems like Panini took the lead of Topps Baseball when it came to reinvigorating interest in their base low-end product. A couple years ago, Topps took what was an inexpensive brand, put it in 50-card jumbo packs loaded with inserts, and threw a guaranteed three hits per box, and all of the sudden, a $60 hobby box turns into a $100 hobby box. With Score, Panini followed that same formula, inserting two autographs and one 8-swatch relic card into each 10-pack jumbo box. Now, I'm not going to spend $100 on Score, so I picked up a single jumbo pack, just to see how the cards looked.

Out of 52 cards, I pulled three Penguins: Sidney Crosby, Kris Letang, and Matt Cooke, which makes it one less card I will have to pursue for my Sidney Crosby Collection.


My four rookies were Eric Gryba, Dave Dziurzynski, Ryan Murphy, and Christopher Nilstorp


Six gold base parallels: Ian Cole, Eric Brewer, Nikolai Kulemin, Brooks Laich, Wojtek Wolski, Zach Bogosian


There was also one gold rookie card of Jamie Oleksiak and one gold Team Leaders card of the Calgary Flames.


And that's about it.

This pack was, to be honest, a little disappointing. I got all the guaranteed as far as number of rookies and gold parallels go, and I can't expect to always pull the big-name rookies, but there are A LOT of inserts in this set. From Check-It, to Future Team, to Net Cam, to Team Score, to Franchise, the fact that not one single card of just one of those was in my 52-card pack was a bit of a let-down.

I've gotten lucky with a lot of what I have opened up this year, though. Maybe this time, I just wasn't lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment