Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

This May Be A Bad Idea, But I'm Going For It - 2011-12 Dominion Rookie Autographed Patch Cards

After acquiring all four autographed rookie patch cards from 2011-12 Dominion of the Pittsburgh Penguins, and really admiring the look of what Panini did with these cards, I have decided to embark of what may be an impossible task.

I am going to try my best to complete the set.

There are a total of 70 rookie autographed patch cards from Dominion, with 52 being numbered to 199 and 18 being numbered to 99.


I am already on the way there, with these four in hand and a few more on the way.

It will get tricky, though, when it comes to a couple of these. The 2011 number one pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has sold on Ebay for $340 at the lowest. Maybe I'll strike up a good deal down the road. The big risk with this is not just the cost that it will total, but the fact that a few of these cards, including the one for Rookie of the Year Gabriel Landeskog, are redemptions. While a lot of these redemptions are already being filled, if there are any that don't end up coming through, it would taint the set quite a bit to have a gap for one of the cards.

These 70 cards range from $5 to $340, so this will be something that I'm sure I'll be working on for a LONG time, but if I can pull it off, it will be a thing of beauty.

I have a link on the right side of my page, where I will be keeping track of what I am able to take in.  As great as these cards look, they deserve more than a simple list.

3 comments:

  1. You're insane...haha good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck, fellow Dominion admirer! looking forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes. Too rich for my blood.

    ReplyDelete