Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

BIG Panini Redemption Mailday: Sidney Crosby and Mario Lemieux Autos

When Panini Prime was released last month, I went in with guns blazing. I bought into a case break, bought a few relics, and came away with a couple of redemptions. The big three cards for me were redemptions for Prime Signatures Silver Holo-Foil variations of Sidney Crosby and Mario Lemieux and a Prime Namesakes auto of Crosby.

Luckily for me, both of these guys are getting their autos taken care of, and I know have in hand TWO of those three cards.

The Silver Holo-Foil variations are the rarest of the Prime Signatures cards. Most are numbered to just 25 copies, but the Crosby is numbered to Just 5!!! I guess I must have been the first one to enter my redemption code, because I was sent card 1/5, which may not matter to most people, but I think it's pretty cool.



The Mario Lemieux card is actually my first autograph of his. This one also has a cool serial number of 6/25. I suppose if it can't be 66, one 6 will do just fine.



What I really appreciated, in addition to just getting the cards to begin with, is that they were both sent in magnetic snap-down cases, instead of just a penny sleeve and a top loader. It's a small thing, but I certainly appreciate them going the extra mile to ensure that these fantastic cards arrive in great condition.


I am certainly happy that these redemptions have gotten filled and arrived in such great shape. Now I just have to wait for Crosby to send in those Prime Namesakes cards.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, man. It's my first Lemieux auto, so I was sure to make it a good one.

      Delete
  2. awesome stuff Matt, congrats! and that's really awesome that they sent them in one-touches. hopefully my two redemptions from Panini get the same treatment whenever they end up arriving haha.

    ReplyDelete