Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Big Hockey Set Building Trade Courtesy of Sportscards from the Dollar Store

A little over a month ago, Douglas from Sportscards from the Dollar Store contacted me about some cards he could fill off of my want list. We agreed to a trade and a good chunk of my set needs were taken care of, which was nice. Usually, trades go more towards a hit-for-hit, so it's great to do a simple set-filler deal.

Anyway, almost right as the contents of the first trade arrive in my mailbox, he shoots me another e-mail, saying that he has more cards to send my way in exchange for just a few cards off of my trade bait. Sure enough, those cards arrived in the mail today, and I have two more sets complete and am 12 cards total away from completing three more sets.

Here's a look at what I was sent

2011-12 Pinnacle

4 cards - set complete

2011-12 Between the Pipes

8 cards - set complete

2009-10 Upper Deck

47 cards - 4 left

2010-11 Upper Deck

39 Cards - 6 left

2011-12 Upper Deck

18 Cards - 2 left

My set needs for hockey are now almost bare. I may have to go through my cards and see if there are any sets that I'll need to reconsider going after.

Thanks for a fantastic trade. I look forward to our next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment