Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Trade With Collecting For Kicks

Over the past couple months, after concentrating my collection more in a hockey direction, I have been picking up quite a few hockey card readers. The great thing about this, is that it has afforded me the opportunity to pick up some hockey cards that I really need, and dump some of the ones I don't.

One of my most recent trades came courtesy of Michael from Collecting For Kicks.

The trade began when he posted the results of a box of 2011-2012 Panini Titanium. He did pretty well over all, but the one card that caught my eye was a BEAUTIFUL quad relic of Penguins stars Evgeni Malkin, Marc-Andre Fleury, Kris Letang, and Tyler Kennedy. The card is serial-numbered 73/75, which is nice, but my favorite attribute of this card is that all four swatches are different. Even the two black swatches are at least a different material. I had to part with a similar card featuring Rangers start Henrik Lundqvist, Marc Staal, Brad Richards, and Marian Gaborik. I'm a fan of King Henrik, so his hits are usually difficult for me to part with, but in this case, it wasn't difficult at all.


Michael also sent me a Jason Spezza stick/jersey dual relic from 2011-2012 Luxury Suite. As I've said before, 2010-2011 Luxury Suite is one of my most favorite card products from the last few years, and I was quite disappointed when I discovered that Panini would not continue with the brand this year. Instead, Panini has inserted these cards in a "bonus pack" with boxes of 2011-2012 Rookie Anthology. In doing so, Panini just used the best version of the 10-11 set, which was the stick/jersey cards, so it's a rather nice consolation to not having an entire product run.


This was a relatively simple trade, but a great one. The best trades tend to be the ones where each person felt he/she got just a slight edge over the other guy. Judging from Michael's trade post, I think that worked out to be the case with this one.

1 comment: