Search This Blog


Friday, August 10, 2012

I Finally Got My Hands On A Sidney Crosby Autograph!

It was a big mail day for me today.

I only received one package, with one card, but it contained an item I have been going after for quite a long time: An autographed card of Sidney Crosby.

Crosby's certified autos are fetching TONS of money on the secondary market, but if you catch the right auction at just the right time, you can get a pretty good deal.

This one is from 2011-2012 Upper Deck SP Game Used Edition. Most of Crosby's autos this year from Panini are redemptions, but I think that Upper Deck must have had enough stickers for this set, as these were able to be inserted straight into packs.

Not only is it a rarity just on its own, but being numbered 8/50, this card also holds the distinction of being the second-lowest numbered Crosby card in my collection. (The first being THIS beauty.)


By the way, is there a more fantastic looking signature in hockey today? Maybe, but Crosby's is definitely one of the best out there. It is perfectly clear whose name it is, and I love the placement of the jersey number inside the signature.

This was a fantastic find for me, and the card looks even better in person.

3 comments: