Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Sidney Crosby Autograph - 2012 National Sports Collectors Convention

After selling the David Robinson 1/1 Printing Plate that I pulled from a box of 2012 Goodwin Champions and the Michael Leighton Orange Parallel auto /10 that I pulled from A box of 2012 In the Game Broad Street Boys, I had enough Paypal to land my second autographed card of Sidney Crosby.

This one comes from the 2012 Upper Deck National Sports Collectors Convention set and came as a part of their wrapper resemption program. If I have it right, and I may not, I believe what happens is that you buy a certain number of packs from the Upper deck booth at the National, usually a box-worth, and you open them up, and redeem thos wrappers for another pack of National-specific cards.

I'm sure that not all packs contain a hit, but this seller was lucky enough to pull a RARE autographed card of Sidney Crosby. The fact that this card was in packs shows that Upper Deck has quite a few Crosby auto stickers left over, as Panini has had to put redemptions for him in pretty much all of their 11-12 products. For some reason, Sid appears to be in no hurry to return his signed items to the card companies this year, but after September 15th, he may have a bit more time on his hands.

Either way, the card is super-rare and is hand-numbered to just 15 copies. I know everyone gets down on the sticker autos, but the hand-numbering does add a nice consolation to that. Besides, I like the fact that my lowest serial-numbered card is an autographed card, as opposed to the awesome prime jersey card I pulled from 2011-12 Limited earlier this year.


Well, there you have it. It isn't too often when you get to add a card that you can proclaim the best card in your collection. Until I get my hands on something from Dominion, Prime, or The Cup, this will be the biggest one for a while, I'm sure.

3 comments: