Search This Blog


Saturday, April 12, 2014

Topps Redemption Redeemed: 2011 Marquee Paul Molitor Titanic Threads Autograph /20

Just two weeks after pulling a Paul Molitor autograph redemption from a box of 2011 Topps Marquee, I already have the card in hand. This card comes from the Titanic Threads insert set and is the autographed version, numbered 19/20.


When you buy an older product, you run the risk of pulling an expired redemption. That luck, though, could turn in your favor when the redemption is still active three years after the product was originally released. That gave Molitor plenty of time to return his signature to Topps, which I was hoping would lead to a quick turnaround. Fortunately, I was right. Of course, I love that he is pictured as a member of the Minnesota Twins, but what I love most of all is the perfect centering of those horizontal pinstripes. I've seen some other pinstriped swatches from this set that are horizontal or diagonal, so to have these not only going horizontal, but right though the middle, makes me feel really lucky. Great job on this one, Topps!

2 comments: