Search This Blog


Saturday, April 26, 2014

Fairfield Hockey Autographed Card Repack

About a month ago, I found a re-pack from Fairfield Sports that contained three hockey packs and one memorabilia card. Well, earlier this week, I found the autographed version, so I had to pick one up, just to see what wonders would await me inside the box.



The memorabilia version of this box contained three packs, but the autographed version contained four: 2011-12 Victory, 2012-13 Score, 2008-09 Collector's Choice, and 2008-09 MVP. All are low-end sets, so there isn't a whole lot to be expected, but here's a quick look at the best card I pulled from each pack.


My autograph was a Ultimate Signatures card of Gilbert Brule from 2005-06 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection. Brule was selected sixth overall by the Columbus Blue Jackets int he 2005 NHL Entry Draft, but never could live up to expectations. He played parts of three seasons with Columbus before being traded to the Edmonton Oilers, and was later claimed on waivers by the Phoenix Coyotes. Brule retired from professional hockey on Jan. 1, 2014.


Well, that's it for this box. As usual, nothing earth-shattering for the buyback hit, but these are always fun boxes to open.

2 comments:

  1. Brule might not be a huge name... but I really love those Ultimate Signatures cards. Nice on-card autograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely. Despite him flaming out, it's an on-card autograph from a mid-to-high-end set, and these Ultimate Signatures cards look fantastic. I could have done MUCH worse.

      Delete