Search This Blog


Monday, May 23, 2011

Trade With Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle

I just completed my third trade with Greg from Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle and I think we were both very happy with our ends of the deal.

The trade began, I think, with him busting a box of 2008 Tristar Prospects plus and pulling, among other things, a jersey card of Cubs prospect Josh Vitters. While I am not a prospect guy when it comes to collecting, this guy appears to be a gamble worth taking.


I also managed to get two autographed cards of two current Cubs in their old teams' uniforms. From a 2004 Fleer Platinum box, there is Marlon Byrd as a Phillie (or would it be a Philly?) and Koyie Hill as a Dodger.


I now have a new oldest card of my collection, courtesy of Greg: a 1953 Bowman card of Cubs catcher Toby Atwell. Sorry, 1955 Ernie Banks, there's a car din my collection even more vintage-y than you.


Last, but certainly not least, was a card Greg agreed to trade me, even before he had it in his possession, a 2010-2011 SPX dual-jersey card of Penguins center Jordan Staal. Easily my favorite card of the trade, the swatches are from the Pens' home jersey, but the photo shows Staal in their beautiful powder blue sweaters. Sadly, those were replaced this year at the Winter Classic by different blue jerseys.


Thanks for yet another fantastic trade, Greg. I'm sure we'll do more real soon.

1 comment: