Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Hey Topps, What the Hell???

Okay, so last Spring, when Gypsy Queen was released, I quickly got my hands on a redemption for a triple autographed relic card of Chicago Cubs Legends Ryne Sandberg, Ernie Banks, and Billy Williams, serial-numbered to 10. Now, this card, as I mentioned, was a redemption, meaning that I would have to patiently wait, which I was fine doing. I didn't think the wait would be too long, as this insert set features sticker autographs, but either way, I knew that this card is one worth waiting for.


I bought the redemption back in April. Here we are, eight months later, and still no card. That, I don't have an issue with. I understand the redemption game, and I went into it half-expecting to endure an excruciatingly long wait anyways.

Here is my problem.

Just last week, Topps released their high-end Five Star product, which features low-numbered on-card autographs of rookies, veterans, and retired players. While searching for available Cubs autographs, here are three that I found from this brand new product:

Ryne Sandberg

Ernie Banks

Billy Williams

So let me get this straight. We can design, produce, ship, receive, pack, and release on-card autographs of three players for a product released in December, but we can't find ten autographed stickers of these same players to slap on a card from a product released way back in April?

Hey, Topps, what the hell???

4 comments:

  1. Feel your pain, still waiting on a Harper auto and continually see his autos in new sets

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you call them, I bet they will say they are waiting for the "relic" portion of the card. Same thing happened with a Nolan Ryan redemption I had waiting for over a year.

    ReplyDelete