Search This Blog


Saturday, November 17, 2012

Taking Suggestions On My Next Group Break (Hockey)

Hey everyone. I'm planning on setting up another group break of hockey cards over the next week or so. I'm planning on putting together a decent list of boxes, and am hoping to have sign-ups posted by Sunday or Monday night. Due to availability and cost-effectiveness, it will most likely be from the 2011-12 season, as a lot of those boxes have some really good discounts on them. I'm looking at a box each of 2011-12 Contenders, Rookie Anthology, Pinnacle, and 2012-13 Score. This way, you have a couple boxes with a lot of hits and few base (Contenders & Rookie Anthology), a few hits and a lot of base (Pinnacle), and no hits and a ton of base (Score). I also might be willing to do 2011-12 Elite or 2010-11 Luxury Suite. I do like Luxury Suite a lot, but it might bump up the buy-in by a couple bucks.

I'm going to try and keep the buy-ins to a $15-$17 range, to allow everyone to participate who wishes to, which I think is pretty resonable for a break that will give us somewhere around 11 or 12 hits and a ton of base (more hits if I add Luxury Suite, which is an 8-hit product).

Anyway, the reason I am posting this early, is because I want input as to what you guys would like to open. Let me know what you think!

9 comments:

  1. The Luxury Suite is VERY tempting, my friend. How much do you think it would bump up the buy-in? A couple bucks is an easy swing, but upwards of $10 added to the $15-$17 is getting steep.

    Either way, I'm totally in. I'm yet to join a hockey grouper yet - excited to see one finally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I would do, is put Luxury Suite in for either Contenders or Rookie Anthology. Luxury Suite is just $15-$20 more expensive, so it would turn a $15 buy-in to $17, for example. No matter what combination I go with, I'm not planning on going any higher than $17 or $18.

      Delete
  2. I'd be in for the flyers. I like Luxury Suite over Contenders in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. I'll post the sign-ups Tomorrow (Sunday) at around 6 p.m. (Eastern time zone). Be sure to claim the Flyers on that post and they're yours.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, if that's how you want to do it, Luxury Suite over Contenders is how I would vote. I may be in for two teams...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might do another Luxury suite...I think I would be out on anything else though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luxury Suite is definitely in. I loved opening that up on the last break.

      Delete
  5. Awesome. Thanks for the input guys. I have decided to put Luxury Suite in and take Contenders out. Rookie Anthology will be staying. I've also decided to remove Pinnacle and Score altogether, as I found an ITG product that will deliver three times as many hits for the same price as those two boxes. Buy-ins will be $16 and sign ups will be posted Sunday night. I hope you all consider joining up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this sounds great. Very excited. I have my team(s?) picked out already.

    ReplyDelete