Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Friday, November 23, 2012

8 Packs of Panini Black Friday

After making a trip to my LCS at 7 a.m. Friday morning, I came away with eight packs of their special Black Friday cards. Of course, I had to stray away from hockey to do it (they were only available with certain Panini Products, so I bought a box of Rookies and Stars football), but after missing out on last year's promotion, I decided I wanted to see what all the fuss was about this year.

Each pack contains 2 cards. Here's the pack-by-pack of what I got:

Pack 1:
Jermaine Gresham Breast Cancer Awareness Football Relic
Jonathan Quick

Pack 2:
Kyrie Irving
George Brett Diamond Kings

Pack 3:
Tony Romo Thanksgiving
Russell Wilson Gridiron Kings

Pack 4:
Tim Tebow Thanksgiving
Ray Lewis

Pack 5:
Bryce Harper
Blake Griffin

Pack 6:
Biz Markie
Eli Manning

Pack 7:
Alex Ovechkin
Peyton Manning

Pack 8:
Dont'a Hightower Prestige NFL Draft Patch Relic
Albert Pujols

For eight "free" packs, I'd say I did pretty well. Two relics wasn't bad at all. I LOVE that four-colored patch card of Hightower, and as the husband of a cancer survivor, I can definitely appreciate the Gresham. Of course, I'm sure I'll just throw them both, and most of these, on Ebay as soon as I get the chance, but overall, I'd say this was a pretty fun experience.

3 comments:

  1. More Diamond Kings to collect! I'm happy because they look cool, but sad that anything that was once a success can't be left alone. Plus, the Yellow Panini logo on the front really looks off on that Brett.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I love that Bryce Harper.

    ReplyDelete