Search This Blog


Monday, November 12, 2012

Other Items I Picked Up On My Trip to the LCS

In addition to grabbing a couple boxes and a couple packs of 2012-13 Panini Certified from my local card shop, I also rummaged through their boxes of discount hits.

Here's a look at the new additions to my collection.

2011-12 Panini Prime Craig Smith 24/50


This one is actually up for trade. I figured it's from Prime, it's autographed and has a massive jersey piece on it, so I might as well grab it.

 2009-10 Be A Player Marty Turco


Being from Texas, I do have a place in my heart for players from the Stars. Turco was a big part of the team for the years following their 1999 Stanley Cup win. Unfortunately, he was playing for the IHL's Michigan K-Wings in 1999, and missed out on the Cup, but he does hold a number of franchise records, including wins, shutouts, and games played by a goaltender.

2012 Prominence Dwight Jones 17/499



This is a die-cut autographed card of a player from the Texans that I had never heard of, and there's a reason for that. After going undrafted on 2012, he was signed be the Texans as an undrafted free agent. In may 2012, he informed the team that we decided not to pursue a professional football career. Awesome.

2011 National Treasures Brandon Harris 20/99


Unlike Jones, Harris did pursue a pro football career, and has earned a spot on the Texans roster.He played in seven games during the 2011 season, but only one so far in 2012.

2012 Topps Prime DeVier Posey 45/194


Posey was the third round selection of the Texans in the 2012 NFL Draft. He has played in 4 games so far this year, but has no receptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment