Search This Blog


Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Few New Additions to the Sidney Crosby Collection (Dominion, Retro, and A Shiny but Incorrect Photo)

I've been accumulating some more Sidney Crosby cards over the past couple of weeks, but have neglected to post them. I'm not really sure how many people actually care, but here's a look at the additions I've made to my Crosby Collection.

Hits:
2010-11 Dominion 39/99
2011-12Pinnacle Threads
2011-12 Crown Royale Lords of the NHL

The Pinnacle and Crown Royale cards were Purchased at some pretty good prices ($9.56 and $7.00, respectively), but the Dominion made up for the discount ($17.70). Still, I needed a Dominion card of his from the debut set, and I figured it's run me a little bit more than the others. Still, it's better than a plain jersey card from The Cup, which usually hit the $30s.



2012-13 Fleer Retro: '94 Fleer Ultra, '93 Fleer Ultra, Flair Showcase Row 2
This is a pretty cool set that Upper Deck released a couple of months ago, where they take various Fleer base sets and insert sets and place modern players on those old patterns, similarly to what Topps does in baseball with Heritage. I have plenty of cards from the original issues of the '92 and '94 Fleer Ultra sets, but the Flair Showcase Row 2 card puzzles me a little. I looked for quite a while, but for some reason, could not find any information on the original set this was based on.


Lastly, for the low price of $2 shipped, I got my hands on a shiny Record Breakers card of Sid from 2007-08 O-Pee-Chee. It's a great looking card that a scan can't so justice for, but there is one problem. The record in question being broken is Sid becoming The youngest Art Ross Trophy winner as the league's leading scorer. The problem? The picture shows him proudly holding the Lester B. Pearson Trophy as the MVP voted on by the NHLPA. Come on, Upper Deck, you're better than that!


There you have it. Some great additions to the collection at some pretty good prices. As always, if anyone has any Crosbys to send my way, don't hesitate to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment