Search This Blog


Thursday, May 16, 2013

$15 Hockey Re-Pack from Target

After picking up a $5 hockey repack from Target with okay results, I decided to try my luck on a repack of a slightly grander scale. For just $10 more ($15 total) this one contains over 250 loose cards, 3 unopened packs, 3 jumbo cards, 1 autographed card pack (4 packs total) 1 team set, 1 screw-down card case, and 1 storage case.


Here's a look at the three jumbo cards. I got Dwayne Roloson, Martin Havlat, and Pavel Datsyuk from various Victory, Bee Hive, and Fleer Ultra Years. Nothing too major, although any Datsyuk card is pretty cool, in my opinion.


My team set was of the Washington Capitals from 2011-12 Score. I don't know what it is with the capitals team sets, but not only is it the team set pictured on the box label, but the other two re-packs at this particular Target had the Caps as well. Still you could do worse than a guaranteed card of Ovie.


My four packs were 1997-98 Be A Player, 2009-10 O-Pee-Chee, 2004-05 Victory, and 1997-98 Pinnacle Mint Collection.The O-Pee-Chee and Victory packs are the typical low-end fare that you would expect from something like this, but the other two are pretty cool. Be A Player guarantees one auto per pack, and Mint Collection comes with a coin of an NHL player.


The Mint Collection pack, as I said, contains one player coin, along with three cards. My base cards were of Martin Brodeur and Eric Lindros, along with a Minted Rookies card of Sergei Samsonov, which contains a cut-out for Samsonov's coin. I didn't pull his coin, though, I did much better with John Vanbiesbrouck.


I'll get to Be A Player at the end, but here's the best two cards from the O-Pee-Chee and Victory packs.


The "over 250" single cards contained its fair share of junk wax, but it also gave me quite a few winners, as well. I could ahve used a few more Penguins, but I was happy with the Jagr, Bodger, and McEachern that I didn't already have in my Penguins collection.


There were also a few "vintage to me" cards in the re-pack, and some good ones at that.I know it's 1988-89, but it's from before I began collecting hockey cards, so it's vintage to me, damnit!


Here's a quick look at some of the better cards that came out of the singles pile. I'm not going to list details on them, I just wanted to show that you can actually get some pretty awesome cards from these re-packs.





As I mentioned, they included on screw-down case, which I assume they included for you to safeguard your guaranteed autographed card from the Be A Player pack.


Anyway, the one ""hit" you get out of these is an autographed card from a pack of 1997-98 Be A Player. I have opened two other re-packs containing this product and pulled autographs from Chris Chelios and Ed Ward, so the quality of the player can very. That being said, I'd say I did pretty well by pulling Felix Potvin out of this pack.


So, there you have it. Some pretty cool cards, and a lot of variety, for JUST 15 bucks. If you can locate any of these at your local Target, I would DEFINITELY recommend picking one up. It's a fun thing to open, and you have the chance to get some really cool cards.

3 comments:

  1. All these repacks I see have Bruin team sets. Not sure I want one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I saw these at Target yesterday and almost picked one up. Ended up passing, since I've been spending way too much lately. You did really well though... and efinitely beat the odds with the Potvin autograph. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete