Search This Blog


Sunday, October 6, 2013

Two Rookie Cards of J.J. Watt from 2012 Topps Platinum

I am already a Houston Texans fan, but the more and more I hear about J.J. Watt, the more I become a fan of his, as well. In just a couple years with the team, he has shown himself not only to be a beast on the football field, but one of the most generous human beings off of it. I don't buy too much unopened football products, so I didn't pull a whole lot of his cards, but I was able to pick up a couple of his rookie cards off of Ebay for just a buck plus shipping. 


What I got was a base card and refractor of Watt's 2012 Topps Platinum rookie card. While having him in his warm-up gear makes it look almost like it comes from an unlicensed product, a rookie card is still a rookie card. Not all of the rookies from Platinum are this way, though, so it made me wonder. I know that his rookie "hits" are only autographed, and none of them contain any pieces of memorabilia. The only thing I can think of is that he wasn't at the Rookie Premiere, or whatever it's called, where players pose for the card companies in their gear, sign the on-card products, and "use" the event-used memorabilia. Either way, these are two great cards of a pretty great guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment