Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Two Rookie Cards of J.J. Watt from 2012 Topps Platinum

I am already a Houston Texans fan, but the more and more I hear about J.J. Watt, the more I become a fan of his, as well. In just a couple years with the team, he has shown himself not only to be a beast on the football field, but one of the most generous human beings off of it. I don't buy too much unopened football products, so I didn't pull a whole lot of his cards, but I was able to pick up a couple of his rookie cards off of Ebay for just a buck plus shipping. 


What I got was a base card and refractor of Watt's 2012 Topps Platinum rookie card. While having him in his warm-up gear makes it look almost like it comes from an unlicensed product, a rookie card is still a rookie card. Not all of the rookies from Platinum are this way, though, so it made me wonder. I know that his rookie "hits" are only autographed, and none of them contain any pieces of memorabilia. The only thing I can think of is that he wasn't at the Rookie Premiere, or whatever it's called, where players pose for the card companies in their gear, sign the on-card products, and "use" the event-used memorabilia. Either way, these are two great cards of a pretty great guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment