Search This Blog


Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chris Buchanan Autographed Puck

Last Friday, my family and I attended the USHL game between the Fargo Force and the USA National Team Development Program's Under 18 team. My wife and I took our 4-year-old and 2-year-old with, and when I wasn't busy on snack runs, potty breaks, and trying to get the younger one to just sit down, I was able to catch enough of the game to watch a 4-1 loss. The loss puts the defending USHL Western Conference champs at 7th place, with a 3-6-0 record.


During each game, the Force select one player for their "Player Spotlight," which gets him a feature in the program for that game and has videos playing on the board in between periods to help the Force fans get to know him. The player is also made available after the game to sign autographs for the fans. The player for this game was defenseman and alternate captain Chris Buchanan. He comes to Fargo all the way from San Jose, California and has picked up one assist in seven games so far this season. One fact I discovered about him from his player profile on fargoforce.com that is interesting to me, and probably no one else, is that his favorite Fargo-area restaurant is the Cork 'N Cleaver, which is where my dad proposed to my mom many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment