Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

2003 Private Stock Titanium Kyle Wanvig Rookie /1475

A couple weeks ago, I picked up what most people would see as an average card of a player with a short NHL career, but it was a little bit of a big deal for me. From 2003 Pacific Private Stock, I grabbed a Titanium Rookie of right winger Kile Wanvig, numbered 809/1475.


Wanvig spent parts of four seasons in the NHL with the Minnesota Wild and Tampa Bay Lightning, with his most significant season coming in 2005-06, where he spent the entire season with the Minnesota Wild, scoring four goals and eight assists in 51 games. His last game in the NHL came during the 2007-08 season, and he spent the next few years bouncing around the AHL and a couple European leagues, before announcing his retirement in 2011.

The reason I was so eager to get this otherwise inconsequential card, is because when Wanving was with The Houston Aeros of the AHL, he was signing autographs after a game, and I got a puck signed.


I've had the puck for years, and was looking for a way to display it, when I came across a plastic puck/card holder. Now, I have the holder, the puck, and the card, which makes it all complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment