Search This Blog


Tuesday, April 9, 2013

2013 Gypsy Queen Blaster Break

After seeing all of this Gypsy Queen being opened, I decided I had to jump in for myself. Now, usually, I would do so by purchasing 2 or 3 boxes and trying to build the rest of the set through trades. This year is different, mostly because I decided to pool that money to make a MONSTER purchase of a single card from the set instead. (More on that in a week or two when I finally get that purchase in hand).

Still, I wanted to at least open some of the product, so I picked up a blaster from my local Wal-Mart.

I did pretty well, with the hit of the blaster EASILY being a Cal Ripken Jr. sepia mini, numbered 11/50. I like Ripken quite a lot, but am not a huge collector of his. Luckily for me, his cards fetch quite a premium on the secondary market, so of course, I immediately threw the card up on Ebay.



I also got two SPs of Cliff Lee and Gio Gonzalez, along with Ryan Braun Sliding Stars and Salvador Perez Collisions at the Plate


My other inserts were Bryce Harper Glove Stories, Dealing Aces of Stephen Strasburg and Roy Halladay, and No-Hitters of Jered Weaver and Kevin Millwood.


Apart from the Ripken, I also got minis of Josh Hamilton, Rod Carew, John Smoltz, Jim Rice, Elvis Andrus, Jason Motte, and Darin Ruf


Lastly, I only got 1 Cub from the blaster, but I got just the one I wanted with Ryne Sandberg.


I've always liked Gypsy Queen, and this year is no different. Maybe I'll pick up a hobby box or two down the line, but for now, I'll just enjoy making back my money with that Ripken mini.

No comments:

Post a Comment