Search This Blog

Loading...
Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Best of Topps 2012 Re-pack

I know I haven't been buying much baseball lately, but I picked up a few packs at Wal-Mart the other day. My curiosity was struck when I saw Topps' most recent re-pack. For just 20 bucks, you could get 11 packs of card from 2012 Allen & Ginter, Topps Chrome, and Bowman Platinum.


I'm not sure if all boxes have the same collation, although I'm sure they do, but mine gave me 2 packs of Chrome, 3 packs of Bowman Platinum, and 6 packs of Allen & Ginter.

My two packs of Chrome were pretty underwhelming. I received one regular pack and one pack of purple bordered parallels, which I think were included as bonus packs in blasters. Either way, the best two cards were a refractor of Michael Young and an X-Fractor of Robinson Cano.


I liked Platinum a little bit better, scoring base cards of players like Tim Lincecum and Ryan Braun.


Each pack also contained a parallel card. I got gold parallels (1:5 packs of Joe Mauer and Chipper Jones) and a green parallel (1:10 packs) of Zach Greinke.


The best card of the break, though, came from one of my six Allen & Ginter packs: a Bryce Harper black-bordered mini parallel rookie card. The card is currently listed on Ebay, and should bring me back at least half the cost of the re-pack.


Allen & Ginter also gave me a few inserts. While I do like the Baseball Highlight Sketches, I do not, however, like the fact that both of those cards are of Cardinals.

Mainly, though, I wanted to try and add a few cards to my Allen & Ginter set. Luckily, I needed quite a few of these and add nine cards to my set.


Well, that's it. Nothing too spectacular, but I always love opening these newer re-packs. It's especially nice when you get cards you can actually use for the collections you are working on.

2 comments:

  1. Not bad, the mini Harper RC is a nice hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple Romero and Lawrie A&G would be welcomed here. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete