Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2011-12 Limited Phenoms Joe Vitale Patch Auto

Even though it hasn't been a huge part of my most recent Ebay purchases, I have never been shy about my love for 2011-12 Limited. I think the design is really clean, the inserts are pretty cool, and there are some really good quality hits to be pulled.

One of the things I have really enjoyed is their Phenoms rookie cards. Instead of just a regular piece of cardboard, each rookie card is just a simple border with a giant piece of fabric in the middle. This fabric has an embroidered team logo and the player's autograph on the white surface.

I picked up this Phenoms card of Pittsburgh Penguins center Joe Vitale (numbered 147/299) at a pretty good price, and I am very happy to be adding it to my Penguins collection.


This is actually my second Vitale Phenoms card. The first one I got as a redemption replacement from Panini, and is the Silver Spotlight parallel, which features an alternate logo. Here's a look at the two cards side-by-side.


Hopefully Vitale continues to be an important cog in the Penguins machine. He played in 64 games during the 2011-12 season, scoring  4 goals and 10 assists. We'll just have to see what happens when the hockey season eventually rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment