Search This Blog


Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ebay Mailday - 3/20/12

Got another couple packages int he mail from Ebay purchases. Here's a quick look at the loot.


2011 Topps: Ryne Sandberg Historical Stitches, Bran Wlson Jersey, David Price

Most people who have commented on the Sandberg manu-relic have commented on the inaccuracy of the wool fabric, considering that Sandberg never wore those particular jerseys. To that, I say, it's a cool-looking card, so who cares? The other two relics, I'm just simply fans of both pictures, and although I wasn't a fan of the Golden Moments relic design concept, it has grown on me.


2009 Topps 206 David Ortiz jersey, Ryan Perry auto, Fernando Martinez Auto

Not a huge fan of Big Papi, but this card does feature an interesting-looking swatch. I wasn't sure about it at first, but upon closer glance, it seems to be of a Sharpee on the jersey. Not sure if it was cut out of an autograph, or if the writing was just some other random thing. Either way, a cool-looking addition to the collection. The other two were included in the three-card lot, and I don't care either way about them.


11-12 Crown Royale Ryan Miller Auto 74/99, 11-12 Limited Ryan Miller Jersey 51/99

Now I'm not a Sabres guy by any stretch of the imagination, but after watching the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, I became a HUGE Ryan Miller fan. As the starting netminder for Team USA, Miller carried an overachieving American squad to a gold medal game, where they were one overtime goal away from taking it all.  The big moment I remember, was after the game when they were awarding the medals, and calling each individual player by name, the Canadian crowd, who was ecstatic about watching the Canadian team win the gold, gave Miller a standing ovation when his name was called, to show respect for the effort he made. 

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll have more real soon

No comments:

Post a Comment