Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Group Break from Cardboard Collections

I recently participated in a group break put on by Colbey at Cardboard Collections. Jumping at the chance to grab the Cubs, I was VERY happy with what came up:

The first box Colbey busted was 1996 Topps Laser. The set is composed 100% off die-cut cards, which have a really cool look to them. Truthfully, I'm surprised that this concept didn't catch on. The cards look fantastic, and since the Twins went unclaimed in the draft, I was able to claim a Paul Molitor in addition to my 2 Sandbergs, 2 Graces, 2 Sosas and 1 McRae.


Next on the agenda was 1994 Leaf. I've always like the Leaf offerings that came about after they quit emulating the Donruss designs and I was still able to get myself a Sandberg (along with, like, 5 cards of Rick Wilkins) which was great.


The final box was 1996 Leaf Limited. I got 5 different card from 3 different player, including 2 Sandbergs and a Sammy Sosa gold parallel.


I also got a few other cards for player collections I'm working on.


I was lucky enough to get eh big hit of the break, a 1996 Leaf Limited Lumberjacks insert of Sammy Sosa. The card is actually printed on a piecde of wood and numbered 621/5000. I know nowadays with the 1/1s and low-numbered cards, it may not seem like a big deal, but in 1996, this was quite the pull.


Check out Colbey's blog here and join in his next break. Thanks for the cards, Colbey.

1 comment:

  1. I grabbed a Frank Thomas Lumberjacks card after pulling that Sosa card since it is so freakin' awesome! Glad you were happy w/ your haul. I've got another break coming up that you may like as well.

    ReplyDelete