Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Trade with Democratic Roadkill: Relics, Framed Masterpieces, and Set Builders

My trade package came in the mail yesterday from Duane at Democratic Roadkill. I was pleasantly surprised to see a white box (300-count variety) and opened it up to see it FILLED with cards. I didn't expect to get near as many cards as I did, but I was very happy with what I found.

Three Allen & Ginter relic cards were included in the deal: a 2009 Joe Mauer jersey, a 2010 Carlos Lee bat and a 2010 Matt Kemp jersey. I've always been a big fan of the look of the Allen & Ginter relics and this is my first Mauer hit.


I've always had a difficult time pulling framed cards from Upper Deck Masterpieces, but apparently, Duane doesn't have that problem. He included five red-bordered Masterpieces and a blue-bordered Soriano, numbered 22/50.


Duane also threw in a whole lot of overproduction-era Cubs cards, as well as plenty from the past couple of years.


The bulk of the box contained various Allen & Ginter cards to help complete my 2009 and 2008 sets. After putting together the 2010 set, I decided to go for them all and this is a BIG step in the right direction for me. What I did not expect, though, was to find 26 cards from the tough-to-find 2006 set. While they have been forced to adapt the original concept the past couple of years to give Allen & Ginter a fresh look, it's really cool to see the set as it was originally intended.


I absolutely love all of these cards and I REALLY appreciate the set-building help!

2 comments:

  1. Duane is a very generous trader and has lots of Ginter in his trade packages.Looks like a nice trade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The box was about 2/3 full with all the want lists cards and i figured might as well pay for shipping cards instead of filler....so you got a bunch of additional cubs... I m keeping an eye out for cub relics to send your way! Glad you liked the cards and yes i have a lot of ginter...especially minis!!!

    Duane

    ReplyDelete