Search This Blog


Friday, April 22, 2011

Discounted WWE From Target

I was at my local Target the other day and found some discounted WWE packs. I picked up 4 packs of Heritage III and 4 packs of Heritage III Chrome. I think these were produced in 2007 and if anyone knows anything about WWE's revolving door, I'm expecting about half of these to be active WWE wrestlers. Here's what I got:

Heritage Pack 1:
Nothing too great here, apart from a mini Allen & Ginter insert of Ric Flair.

Heritage Pack 2:
The Austin card is pretty cool, but I find it odd that he's formatted with the "active" design. The current wrestlers are featured in the 1980 design and "legends" are in the 1987 design, but Austin had long been retuired when these cards were issued.

Heritage Pack 3:
In addition to the Allen & Ginter inserts, there were also magnets inserted into packs. While it was nice to pull one of these, getting one of the Great Khali was, as Carlito would say, "Not cool."

Heritage Pack 4:
Another Allen & Ginter insert, but what I really liked from here was pulling a John Morrison, one of my favotite wrestlers. It'll be cool seeing him main-eventing at Extreme Rules, even though he is included to take the pin, so the Miz and Cena don't have to.

Chrome Pack 1:
Not much from the active wrestlers, but I did find a Bruiser Brody, who nowadays is mostly known for being a guy murdered in a shower in Puerto Rico by another wrestler.

Chrome Pack 2:
Pulled a card of recently-retired Edge, plus I got cards of both members of the World's Greatest Tag Team.

Chrome Pack 3:
Now as cool as the Allen & Ginter minis were in the regular Heritage set, I thought the full-sized Chrome ones look even better, plus it's of "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.

Chrome Pack 4:
Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

For a buck a pack, this is definitely worth a pick-up for any WWE fan.

1 comment:

  1. Are any of those cards available? I've been hitting different Targets in my area looking for more of these discounted packs...but no luck.

    ReplyDelete