Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Friday, June 21, 2013

2013 Topps Archives Box Break

After having a GREAT experience with 2012 Topps Archives, (pulling a Bryce Harper Auto Redemption) I decided to give this year's a shoat with the purchase of a hobby box from my LCS. Now, I may not have pulled another MONSTER of a hit. but I was happy with what I found.

The base cards are modeled after the 1972, 1982, 1985, and 1990 card designs, similarly to what they do with heritage, with a mixture of current and former players.  It seems a little odd that three of the designs are from an eight year time period, but maybe they wanted to go with sets that won't be done in Heritage for quite a while.



Here's a quick breakdown of the inserts that I pulled from the box.
SPs: Kent Hrbek, Vince Coleman, Jesse Orosco, Juan Samuek, Charlie Hough, Otis Nixon


Tall Boys: Cal Ripken, Jr., Kevin Mitchell, Ryan Braun, Gio Gonzalez, Chris Sale


Vintage Vault Redemption


1969 4-in-1 Stickers: Tony Gwynn/Wade Boggs/Cal Ripken, Jr./Ryne Sandberg, Mike Trout/Bryce Harper/Ryan Braun/Matt Kemp, Vince Coleman, Rickey Henderson/Otis Nixon/Kenny Lofton

1972 Basketball Design: Tony Gwynn


Gold: Prince Fielder 110/199, Derek Holland 56/199


1998 Stadium Triumvirate: Cliff Lee
1997 Gallery of Heroes: Cal Ripken, Jr. 


Autos: Kent Hrbek, Mookie Wilson


Well, there you have it. Not a bad box at all and the two autos are pretty cool, too. I'm definitely keeping the Hrbek, as I remember watching the Twins with my dad when I was younger, before I became a Cubs fan, and considering what other autos are out there, the Mookie is a pretty good pull as well.

1 comment:

  1. Are you willing to trade the Mookie Fan Favorite autograph? I'm in the process of building that set and he's one of the 32 autographs I still need.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete