Search This Blog

Loading...
Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Mario Lemieux Stick I Got For A Dominik Hasek Patch

OK, so here's a pretty sick card.

A few weeks back, I posted an awesome Dominik Hasek patch card that I pulled from 2012-13 SP Game Used Edition.  I like Hasek just fine and to pull that sick of a patch from a future Hockey Hall of Famer is pretty nice, but I figured I could do better. So, I did what I usually do in this case: I listed it on Ebay. Sure enough it sold for a pretty steep price, and I was able to  use that Paypal for something I wanted even more: a Mario Lemieux Supreme Sticks card from 2012-13 SP Game Used Edition, numbered 7/12.


I purchased this card for $1.01 more than the Hasek sold for, but when you figure shipping, Ebay fees and all that stuff, I probably had to add in 6 or 7 bucks of my own, but it's close enough for me to consider it an even trade.

It's got the same numbering as the Hasek, they both have a good amount of wear and tear on the memorabilia, but for me, I would MUCH rather have the Lemieux. I've always said, the best trades are the ones where both parties feel like they came out on top, and I definitely came out on top with this one.

3 comments:

  1. That is an amazing card!! I am extremely jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one sweet card! I would have to go with Lemieux over Hasek as well. They are both legendary in their own right, but Super Mario beats Hasek in my book(plus my younger brother is a Penguins fan).

    ReplyDelete