Search This Blog


Wednesday, February 20, 2013

2012 PaninI Crown Royale Football Box Break

I know this is a VERY delayed post, but here's a look at a box of 2012 Panini Crown Royale Football that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I actually bought it hoping to post it in conjunction with the Super Bowl, but unfortunately, I just never got around to it. Anyways, Here are the base cards.

Ray Rice (x2), Rob Gronkowski, Carson Palmer, Brandon Lloyd, Toby Gerhart

Yeah, with 10 base cards out of a 150-card set, I managed to pull dupes. Awesome. Rice may be haunting me, though, as I pulled a patch of his out of my box of Limited,


Fred Davis, Paul Postuszny, Davone Bess, Robert Meachem, LaVon Brazill (219/399), Kevin Zeitler (191/399)


Parallels: Josh Cooper Emerald (36/49), Fred Jackson Gold (70/99), Darren McFadden Silver (121/149)


Inserts: Paul Posluszny Field Force Ruby (10/100), Nnamdi Asomugha Field Force, Randy Moss NFL Regime, Matt Cassel Pivotal Players, Marques Colston Majestic Motion


And, the hits: Dwayne Allen Rookie Silhouettes 225/349, Sam Bradford Sunday Soldiers Jersey 30/99, Rishard Matthews Rookie Auto Emerald 14/49, Ladarius Green Rookie Auto Silver 115/149


This was an ok box for me. I LOVE the look of the case cards, the inserts are ALL super cool looking, and three out of my four hits are autos. On the other hand the player selection out of my particular box leaves something to be desired. The Silhouettes card is cool, but that much space and I STILL get a one-colored patch??? Come on, Panini, you're better than that!

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of this set, wish they would make a baseball version

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They need to get the MLB license first. Unfortunately, unless they can go with a vintage theme, like Golden Age, any current baseball product that either have no pro logos, or just focus on prospects, are just an inferior product. That being said, I think they can do some amazing things with baseball if given the chance to do it right.

      Delete