Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Two Retail Tins of 2013-14 Panini Titanium Hockey

Truth be told, I wasn't aware that Panini had released 2013-14 Titanium Hockey yesterday until I found some tins at Wal-Mart, and in my excitement, I just had to pick up a couple. Each of these tins contains 30 Titanium base cards and one jumbo-sized 5x7 rookie card. Essentially, it's a twist on the blaster. They also have jersey cards and autographs randomly inserted, but I didn't get so lucky on these.


Anyway, here's a quick look at what my two tins gave me:

Tin 1:
Jumbo Rookie: Nail Yakupov
His production may be slipping, but being 2012's number one draft pick, it's still a good pull.


Base Cards: Marc-Andre Fleury, Alex Ovechkin, Ryan Miller, Jarome Iginla, Vincent Lecavalier, Jakob Silfverberg, + Others


Serial-Numbered: Zdeno Chara Ruby Parallel 111/199, Chris Terry Rookie 267/299


Tin 2:
Jumbo Rookie: Nathan MacKinnon
After pulling 2012's first overall pick in tin #1, I pull 2013's first overall pick in tin #2. Not only that, but this card has already sold on Ebay for 75% of what I paid for both of these tins.


Base Cards: Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Henrik Lundqvist, Daniel Alfredsson, Jonathan Bernier, Bobby Ryan, + Others


Serial-Numbered: Henrik Zetterberg Ruby Parallel 49/199, Scott Laughton Rookie 120/299


That's about it. The tins are cool, but apart from that jumbo rookies, there wasn't a whole lot to be had. I suppose it depends on what you're looking for. $20 will either get you 30 base cards and a jumbo rookie from retail, or 3 base cards and one hit from a pack at your local hobby shop.

They were interesting breaks for me, but I think I'll just pick up a hobby box the next time I go after Titanium.

No comments:

Post a Comment