Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Friday, January 17, 2014

A Few Slideshow Cards from 2012 Panini Rookies & Stars

I picked up this amazing card of Washington Redskins' quarterback Robert Griffin III, and with quite a deal. This one in particular is a Slideshow card from 2012 Panini Rookies & Stars. These have a slide inserted in the center of the card with a photograph taken at the NFLPA Rookie Premiere, and the slide itself is autographed by the player. This one is serial numbered 6/50.



Before this one, the only other one that sold on Ebay within the last three months went for $125.38. Mine was won for a mere $64 w/ free shipping. Either I got a steal, or Griffin's stock has fallen that much in the past few months. Either way, I absolutely love the card.

A big reason I had been looking for a Slideshow card had to do with the fact that I pulled a damaged one out of a hobby box previously. I sent it in to Panini to get replaced, but they didn't have another Justin Blackmon, so I was sent a hockey card in its place. I was happy with what I got in return, but at the same time, I really liked the Slideshow card, so I still wanted one for my collection, no matter who it was. I started looking for deals, and before even finding the Grifffin, I picked up this Joe Adams, numbered 17/50, for just a couple bucks.


Now, I'm neither a Joe Adams fan, nor a Carolina Panthers fan, so if anybody wants this card, it's up for trade.

Lastly, I decided to get the one card from the set that I can add to my Houston Texans Collection: a DeVier Posey, numbered 31/50.


What started off as looking for one card, turned into purchasing three, but when the cards look these nice, that's not really a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. very nice RG3! I haven't seen that card. Unfortunately, I think his card prices are dropping but it looks like you got a fantastic deal on that one. great pick up.

    ReplyDelete