Search This Blog


Friday, January 17, 2014

A Few Slideshow Cards from 2012 Panini Rookies & Stars

I picked up this amazing card of Washington Redskins' quarterback Robert Griffin III, and with quite a deal. This one in particular is a Slideshow card from 2012 Panini Rookies & Stars. These have a slide inserted in the center of the card with a photograph taken at the NFLPA Rookie Premiere, and the slide itself is autographed by the player. This one is serial numbered 6/50.



Before this one, the only other one that sold on Ebay within the last three months went for $125.38. Mine was won for a mere $64 w/ free shipping. Either I got a steal, or Griffin's stock has fallen that much in the past few months. Either way, I absolutely love the card.

A big reason I had been looking for a Slideshow card had to do with the fact that I pulled a damaged one out of a hobby box previously. I sent it in to Panini to get replaced, but they didn't have another Justin Blackmon, so I was sent a hockey card in its place. I was happy with what I got in return, but at the same time, I really liked the Slideshow card, so I still wanted one for my collection, no matter who it was. I started looking for deals, and before even finding the Grifffin, I picked up this Joe Adams, numbered 17/50, for just a couple bucks.


Now, I'm neither a Joe Adams fan, nor a Carolina Panthers fan, so if anybody wants this card, it's up for trade.

Lastly, I decided to get the one card from the set that I can add to my Houston Texans Collection: a DeVier Posey, numbered 31/50.


What started off as looking for one card, turned into purchasing three, but when the cards look these nice, that's not really a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. very nice RG3! I haven't seen that card. Unfortunately, I think his card prices are dropping but it looks like you got a fantastic deal on that one. great pick up.

    ReplyDelete