Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Monday, January 20, 2014

2005-06 Be A Player Brooks Orpk Autograph

Here's an autographed card I picked up, not only because he plays for my favorite team, but there aren't really a whole lot of certified Brooks Orpik autographs out there. This one in particular comes from 2005-06 Upper Deck Be A Player.


Orpik was the first round selection (18th overall) of the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft. Most players nowadays have 5 or 6 different autograph or relic cards in each set their rookie year, but that trend didn't pop up until the mid-2000s, well after Orpik had established himself as a Penguins mainstay. Still, there are a few hits of his out there, and if I can get my hands one one, I'm going to jump at that chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment