Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Monday, May 1, 2017

30-Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 2

30-Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 2: A card with more than one player on it.



I had a few to pick from, and was looking at some vintage cards, when I remembered that I had this beauty. It's a Winning Materials dual jersey card of Ken Griffey, Jr. and Jim Edmonds from 2009 SPX.


I chose this one, because it's an incredibly unique card in that it features two players, but four teams. Griffey is pictured as a Cincinnati Red, but listed as a member of the Chicago White Sox, and Edmonds is pictured as a St. Louis Cardinal, but listed as a Chicago Cub. Griffey was traded from the Reds to the White Sox at the trade deadline in July 2008, and Edmonds left the cardinals and signed a 1-year contract with the Cubs in May of that year. Despite this being a 2009 product, I guess there wasn't enough time for Upper Deck to get updated photos of them.

The only other card I have that 1-ups this one is a hockey card of Marian Hossa that has him listed as a Detroit Red Wing, pictured as a Pittsburgh Penguin, and has a jersey swatch from his time with the Atlanta Thrashers.

2 comments:

  1. That's a really neat card. Can't say I've ever seen anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally seeing multiple logos on a card for a player bugs me, but this rare oddity makes it really cool.

    ReplyDelete