Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Oh, Panini, You Got Me On This One! (Wrong Swatch Replacement)

So, a few months back, I purchased a box of 2013-14 Dominion, and my one guaranteed autographed patch rookie card was of Ryan Spooner from the Boston Bruins. The card is numbered 78/299, and features and on-card autograph of the Bruins rookie. The only problem, was that it didn't feature, was a patch. All that was there was a plain black jersey swatch.


Knowing that Panini is good about standing behind their product, I sent it in to them, requesting a replacement, as at didn't feature what was promised. Part of it also, was to see if I could get a better looking swatch, with two, or maybe even three colors.


What I got back was a patch, but a solid black swatch, looking just the same as the original one I pulled. The odd thing is, though, that it is clearly a different card, with a different signature, but the same serial number. Did Panini send these out to the player unnumbered, and number them after they were returned? Did they send a fresh card to Spooner for him to sign to replace the damaged one?

Either way, even though the card looks exactly the same as my patch-less patch card, at least I now have a card that is as it was supposed to be.

3 comments: