Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

2013-14 National Treasures Nathan MacKinnon Timeline Prime Jersey /50

While I've gotten my hands on all sorts of different cards of all sort of different varieties, the one thing I had yet to get my hands on was a Nathan MacKinnon hit. That is, until now.


The card comes from the Timeline insert set of 2013-14 National Treasures and is serial-numbered 36/50. It contains a die-cut of the player's name overlaying a single piece of prime jersey. In this case, there are actually four colors, which is pretty amazing, with blue, black, white, and a sliver of red right at the top. The card itself doesn't scan well, so i placed it on the scanner at a slight angle, to try and get some kind of clarity on the foil.


Not sure if that helped, but trust me when I say that this is one fantastic card.

4 comments:

  1. Might I ask a question? On eBay, I have seen this card with ?/50. Then there seems to be more the are ?/100. Does this mean it is not as rare, or there is another "set" of identical cards? I got one of these that was out of 50, but I see more on sale that are numbered out of 100. Why is this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, the others were out of 99, not 100.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I found my answer on the Panini website. Under "National Treasures", there's "Rookie Timeline Jersey (?/99)", "Rookie Timeline Patch (?/25), and "Rookie Timeline Prime (?/50)". By the number, it seems we both have the "Rookie Timeline Prime". I'm just confused that all the cards look identical. I'm not well versed in these things I guess.

    ReplyDelete