Search This Blog


Thursday, October 16, 2014

2013-14 National Treasures Case Break Loot

After buying into two case breaks of Prime and a case break of National Treasures, and coming up with nothing more than one base card and one parallel in total, I finally got me some hits on my second National Treasures case break.

Marc-Andre Fleury Silver Parallel 2/25
I'm not really sure if this counts as a "hit," but it is an incredibly rare parallel of the Penguins' netminder. Like most parallels, this is basically just the base card, with a different colored foil, and a super-low serial number.


Mario Lemieux Century Materials Jersey 30/99
This may be nothing more than a run-of-the-mill jersey card, but I really like this one. Not only is it of the greatest Penguin in history, but you actually have the swatch matching the photographed jersey, which is especially cool, considering the rarity of him wearing the powder blue. I believe it was only worn during one of the alumni games before one of the Penguins' two Winter Classic games.


Eric Hartzell Rookie Treasures Autographed Patch 39/99
Apart from The Cup, which is slated to hit hobby shops later this month, National Treasures is providing the top rookie cards of the 2013-14 collecting season, with on-card signatures and some jumbo-sized patch pieces. This one is of Penguins' netminder Eric Hartzell, who is currently playing with their ECHL affiliate, Wheeling Nailers. He still has a few steps in front of him before reaching the NHL level, but with Fleury's future with the team always in question, he may soon get the opportunity.


After some unsuccessful case breaks, I was glad to finally have some hardware to bring home with me. There weren't any major pulls here, but at this point, I'll take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment