Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

2011-12 Limited Sidney Crosby Team Trademarks Aurographed Prime Jersey Card

Here is an item I have been eager to get my hands on for quite some time. A couple years ago, I went on a pretty hardcore spending spree with 2011-12 Limited. I was just starting to really go all in with hockey, and it was my first experience with a high-end set. Maybe for that reason, I was just blown away seeing the base cards, inserts, and hits of a high-quality set, and I still have an affection for this particular year of limited. 

In fact, on my very first pack of the product, I pulled a Sidney Crosby Prime jersey card numbered to 25, but I now have a card even better than that one.


This beauty comes from the Team Trademarks set, and actually is a parallel. The base version is just a basic insert, but rarer versions contain a jersey swatch or an autograph, or a combination of the two. This version is serial-numbered 23/25 and contains a prime jersey swatch, along with an on-card autograph. I always love the prime swatches, because you are always guaranteed to get that seam down the middle. A good patch is better, but you always run the risk of the dreaded single-colored patch. Either way, this one gives me a clean autograph and a beautiful two-colored memorabilia piece, making it an amazing addition to my collection.

2 comments: