Search This Blog


Thursday, September 18, 2014

2-Box Break of 2013-14 Upper Deck Ultimate

So, I opened up 2 boxes of 2013-14 Ultimate about a month ago, and any time it takes me that long to post a box break, you know it didn't go that well. Anyway, Ultimate is Upper Deck's precursor to the Cup, and is their second-highest-end set of the year. For about $100, collectors will receive a four-card box, which will contain one base card, one rookie card, and two autograph or memorabilia cards, with at least one of those being an autograph.

Here's the video of my break:


Base cards: Pavel Datsyuk 50/499, Mike Ribeiro 55/499
Ultimate Rookies: Eric Hartzell 104/499, Sami Vatanen 396/499


The Hits

Hampus Lindholm Ultimate Rookie Jersey


Sean Monahan Ultimate Rookie Jersey


Mikael Granlund Ultimate Rookies Autograph /299


Jeff Skinner Autographed Threads 67/99


...and that's it.

This was my first time giving Ultimate a try, so I wasn't sure of exactly what to expect, but for some reason I felt underwhelmed. It seems like for a $100 2-hit box, there would be better than an un-numbered jersey card. At least all of the autographs are on-card. But when you compare the money I spent on these two boxes to the same amount spent on Prime, there are miles apart when it comes to value.

Man, I'm really going to miss Panini this year.

1 comment:

  1. I can see your disappointment here. Shame for 100 dollars there isn`t more value. Your Prime box certainly was the better investment!

    ReplyDelete