Search This Blog


Friday, December 21, 2012

2011-12 Certified Evgeni Malkin Jersey Card

After purchasing a few boxes of Panini's Certified, and striking out on most of the hits, I decided to skip all the wax, save myself a bunch of money, and just purchase a card I really want.

I picked up an Evgeni Malkin jersey card from the 2011-12 set, numbered 98/99. The card features the dreaded plain white swatch, but I only paid $4+shipping for it, so I won't complain too much.


I've always liked the design of Certified's Fabric of the Game set. Unlike a lot of memorabilia cards that card companies put out (including Panini), where they just cut a hole out of a base or insert card and slap a piece of fabric in, these cards actually spotlight the swatch. It's nice when something that should be a big deal gets treated like a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment