Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Friday, December 21, 2012

2011-12 Certified Evgeni Malkin Jersey Card

After purchasing a few boxes of Panini's Certified, and striking out on most of the hits, I decided to skip all the wax, save myself a bunch of money, and just purchase a card I really want.

I picked up an Evgeni Malkin jersey card from the 2011-12 set, numbered 98/99. The card features the dreaded plain white swatch, but I only paid $4+shipping for it, so I won't complain too much.


I've always liked the design of Certified's Fabric of the Game set. Unlike a lot of memorabilia cards that card companies put out (including Panini), where they just cut a hole out of a base or insert card and slap a piece of fabric in, these cards actually spotlight the swatch. It's nice when something that should be a big deal gets treated like a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment