Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Little Bit of Patience Gets Me My Newest Crosby at a Fraction of the Original Price

When Panini Prime was released earlier this month, like many other hockey collectors, I was clamoring to boost my player collections with cards from the product. I was able to seriously strengthen my Sidney Crosby hits collection, or at least I will when the redemptions get filled, but I kind of stood in the background when it came to his base card from the set.

Luckily, I was patient. When first released, Crosby's base card, which is serial numbered /249, was going for anywhere between $10-$13 + $3-$4 shipping, which is way more than I really want to pay for a base card. After all, I can get a jersey card of his (albeit from a different set) for the same price, so why wouldn't I do that?

About a week ago, I stumbled on an auction for one of these cards that was minutes away from ending, and was still at a pretty low price. At close, the card only cost me $3.54 + $3 shipping. The card was mine, three weeks after release, and at about a quarter of the release date price.


Sometimes, people, patience pays off.

2 comments:

  1. Yes. I was watching a Robert Griffin III auto/relic this week. it was numbered to /399, I believe. It sold for $128. In a few months, I expect $50 tops on that. One year, $30.

    ReplyDelete