Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Monday, September 24, 2012

2011/12 Panini Prime Case Break Loot

I laid down some serious Paypal a couple of weeks ago on a case break of 2011-12 Panini Prime on Ebay. After waiting a day or two for the payments to all get in, and the breaker to record and post the video, I finally was able to determine how wise, or foolish, my investment was.

The video went along, for eight boxes, and I had pulled nothing more than two base cards, up until the VERY last card of the break, which turned out to be one of the best cards I have ever been lucky enough to pull out of a group break.

Despite being a redemption, I will soon be a proud owner of a Sidney Crosby Prime Signatures card. Now, this version is the Holo Silver variation, which is serial numbered to just five copies! This is exactly why collectors join breaks like this. I would never pony up the cash to purchase something with this rarity on the secondary market, but if you get lucky on a case break, these cards are well within your reach.


The only two other cards I got from the break were base cards of Mario Lemieux (63/249)...


and Kris Letang (34/249).


I guess that is always the risk with breaking high end product. You can hit it big, like I did, but the number of items you get back is usually few. Still, I was VERY happy with what I got out of this. I also bought into a case break of The Cup, which I got a big fat ZERO cards from. That was a shot to the gut, but sometimes you win big, and sometimes you lose big.

Dominion should be out later this week, and I'll likely be buying into a case break or two of that. Hopefully my Prime luck will cross over into that product, as well.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pull. I can't afford those higher end breaks, so I hope for luck on whatever I buy into. So far....not much luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rarely do I get this good of luck, but I've done enough to where I've at least been able to strike gold a couple of times.

      Delete