Search This Blog


Sunday, June 17, 2012

Best of Topps 2012 (So Far) Group Break - Part 3: Topps Jumbo

Here we are with our first Jumbo Box of Topps. First of all, I need to make a correction to an earlier claim. With the full set being pulled from packs of each jumbo boxes, I made the claim that each team would get a full team set from the Series 1 and Series 2 boxes. Unfortunately, I forgot to take into account the amount of multi-player league leaders cards. I still have not sorted through these cards completely, but there is a good chance that there will not be enough duplicates of these cards to send one to each team represented. I do apologize for that error on my part, but if I run into any problems with this, I will go through the duplicates that I already have in my own collection and do my best to fill in any gaps.

As far as the Golden Giveaway cards go, I will disperse them one to each team claimed.

Anyway, here we go.








Here are the scans:

Gold Parallel: Dee Gordon, Jeff Saunders, Jeff Weaver, Angel Pagan, JP Arencibia, Asdrubal Cabrera, Alex Liddi, Wakefield/Sabathia/Buehrle, Granderson/Cano/Gonzalez, Jones/Pujols/Helton



1987 Mini: Derek Jeter, Starlin Castro, Mariano Rivera, Jered Weaver, Troy Tulowitzki, Adrian Gonzalez, Joey Votto, Mike Stanton, Hanley Ramirez, Dan Uggla


Timeless Talents: Ernie Banks/Troy Tulowitzki, Don Mattingly/Eric Hosmer, Frank Thomas/Paul Konerko, Luis Aparicio/Starlin Castro, Ryne Sandberg/Dan Uggla, Felix Hernandez/Michael Pineda, Joe Morgan/Brandon Phillips, Paul Molitor/Ryan Braun, Johnny Bench/Brian McCann, Frank Robinson/Jose Bautista



Golden Moments: Joey Votto, Jim Rice, Tim Thome (x2), Ichiro, Clayton Kershaw, Justin Upton, Joe Morgan, Carlton Fisk, Troy Tulowitzki



Gold Futures: JP Arencibia, Mark Trumbo, Dee Gordon, Mike Moustakas, Dustin Ackley, Ivan Nova, Aroldis Chapman, Zach Britton, Craig Kimbrel, Brandon Belt



Golden Greats: Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron, Mickey Mantle, Albert Pujols, Cal Ripken Jr., Joe DiMaggio, Lou Gehrig, Derek Jeter, Ty Cobb, Nolan Ryan



Gold Standard: John Smoltz, Willie Mays, Bob Gibson, Ernie Banks, Mickey Mantle, Tom Seaver, Andre Dawson, Frank Robinson, Al Kaline, Stan Musial



Classic Walk-Offs: Mickey Mantle, David Ortiz, Alfonso Soriano, Johnny Bench, Mark Teixeira, Jay Bruce


Home Run Legends: #1 Willie Mays, #4 Reggie Jackson (Yankees)
These have long since expired, but I will send them to the respective teams. Maybe your LCS still has the cards to be redeemed for.


Hits
Autos: Adam Lind, Brett Gardner
Manufactured World Series Pin: Willie Mays


After I had recorded the video, but before I had posted anything, NY Hitman 23 claimed and purchased the Giants. So, all of the Giants cards and hits I make reference of in the videos to keeping, will go to him.

Anyway, we're at the halfway point, with plenty of more to go. I was disappointed with the missing hit, but hopefully there aren't any objections to how I decided to make good on that.

I'll see you all tomorrow for Topps Series 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment