Search This Blog


Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Best of 2012 Topps (So Far) Group Break - Part 5: 2012 Gypsy Queen

Here we are with the conclusion of our box break. I hope you have enjoyed it so far, and have been satisfied with what we have pulled.

Like I said with the first posting, I will be opening both boxes of Gypsy Queen. Since I purchased them from Atlanta Sports cards, utilizing the sponsorship discount, I felt that it would be dishonest of me to not use it for that purpose, even though I hadn't sold all of the teams.

I had intended on splitting the two boxes up into two days worth of posts, but I ended up mixing the single cards together before scanning them in, so I decided to join the videos and scans together for one giant post.

I won't spoil anything, but these prove to be the best two boxes of the break, so let's get things going!







SP Variations: Joe DiMaggio, Curtis Granderson, Roberto Clemente, CC Sabathia, Stephen Strasburg, David Freese, Ryan Braun, Mickey Mantle, Carlos Gonzalez, Matt Moore, Miguel Cabrera, Mariano Rivera



Glove Stories: Ben Revere, Endy Chavez, Dewayne Wise, Ken Griffey Jr., Jeff Francoeur (x2), Josh Hamilton (x2)


Moonshots: Albert Pujols (x2), Albert Belle, Frank Robinson (x2), Evan Longoria, Jim Thome (x2), Frank Thomas, Prince Fielder (x2), Nelson Cruz, Reggie Jackson, Ryan Howard, Willie McCovey, Ralph Kiner



Sliding Stars: Dee Gordon (x2), Ian Kinsler (x2), Jose Reyes (x2), Jemille Weeks (x2), Matt Kemp (x2), Ryan Braun (x2), Starlin Castro (x2), Elvis Andrus, Nyjer Morgan



Mini:Mariano Rivera, Derek Holland, Matt Kemp, Ben Zobrist, Phil Hughes, Jason Heyward, Matt Garza, Bud Norris, Bobby Abreu, Jacoby Ellsbury, Roy Oswalt, Brandon McCarthy, Dee Gordon, Josh Reddick, Joe DiMaggio, Mike Moustakas, Jemile Weeks, Howie Kendrick, CC Sabathia, Cal Ripken Jr., Prince Fielder, Rod Carew, Tim Lincecum, Ryne Sandberg



SP Mini Variation: Alex Avila, Josh Hamilton, Tommy Hanson, Ichiro, Jeremy Hellickson, Josh Johnson, CC Sabathia, Mickey Mantle, David Wright, Ian Kennedy, Jered Weaver, Ken Griffey Jr., Wade Boggs, Evan Longoria


Red Back:Ryan Zimmerman, Justin Upton, Mike Carp, Josh Beckett, Max Scherzer, Brennan Boesch, Ubaldo Jimenez, Elvis Andrus


Straight Cut: Craig Kimbrel, Ricky Nolasco, Rickie Weeks, Albert Belle, John Axford, Cameron Maybin, Colby Rasmus, Luis Aparicio


Sepia Tone /99: Troy Tulowitzki, Matt Cain
Green Border: Juan Nicasio, Sergio Santos
Black Border: Mark Reynols, Ryan Lavarnway, Yovani Gallardo, Alcides Escobar


Glove Stories Mini: Trayvon Robinson, Ben Revere
Moonshots Mini: Josh Hamilton, Babe Ruth
Sliding Stars Mini: Derek Jeter, Starlin Castro


Blue Border /599: Robinson Cano, Matt Kemp, Jacoby Ellsbury


Full-Size Relic: Steve Garvey, Brian McCann
Mini Relic: Andrew McCutchen, Tim Hudson


Autos: John Smoltz, Daniel Hudson, Jordan Zimmerman, Marlon Byrd


And last but not least, the big hit of the break:


Adrian Beltre Black Border 1/1



Congrats to the Rangers for the big hit. Even though it wasn't a Yu Darvish auto, I'm sure it's a nice consolation.

Congrats also to the Braves, who had the most hits with FOUR!!! We had these three from Gypsy Queen and the Randall Delgado auto from Series 2.

Well, I hope everyone had a good time. Give me a few days to get these cards sorted out. With all the time it has taken to record, upload, scan, and write, I still haven't had the time to sort the teams out. I hope to have them out by the weekend, but I will certainly keep you all updated.

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the break and thanks for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Now I'm truly sorry I missed getting the Rangers!!

    ReplyDelete